I’ve officiated many weddings over the years, and here is a sample wedding service to give you ideas as you plan your own.
- Prelude (seating of main family in the front, groomsmen and groom take place)
- Processional (bridesmaids come in, maid of honor, then bride)
- Welcome (from the presiding pastor or priest)
- Presentation of Bride (“who gives this woman…)
- Scripture Reading 1
- Scripture Reading 2
- A Word About Marriage (presiding pastor, 10 min. or less)
- Worship Song or Two
- Exchange of Vows (personally written or Book of Common Prayer)
- Exchange of Rings
- Optional: Couples Communion, Candle Lighting, Sand Mixing, etc. with some special music while it happens
- Presentation of Couple (“you may now kiss the bride!)
(Receiving Line)(Reception Instructions)
Your Wedding Day is a special day. Get creative, and enjoy the celebration of commitment and covenant marriage was designed to be!
P.S. If you haven’t read it yet, please read my flagship article in the Relationships Series.
Other Articles In The Relationship Series
Other Helpful Resources
While I do not endorse all of the content, perspectives, or presenting organizations of every article linked at the sites below, one or more of them may prove helpful to your particular situation or need.
The Act Of Marriage (LaHaye) (the beauty of sexual love)