I wrote this post exactly 2 years ago. I reposted it, because it reminds me of another time, and moves me again.
Rejoice in simple things today.
MOMENTS IN TIME: A MORNING WALK
This morning, I took a one hour walk around our town, primarily for the sake of exercise.
As I glided along the muddy roadsides and cracking sidewalks, I
* Took in an mp3, one hour course on European history and its cultures, identities and hopes in the 19th-20th centuries,
* Walked across the rubble of a construction site of a new highway going around our town,
* Waved to 23 truck drivers, who all waved back,
* Shared morning greetings with three friends who happen to be mentally handicapped,
* Joked with the catholic priest who both cares for them, and serves with godly passion on our university board,
* Greeted the father of one of my middle daughter’s friends,
* Smiled at the town council member to whom my son delivers newspapers,
* Created a concept for a new series of songs related to the soul’s progress through a lifetime, and
* Came home to a house silent with late, summer vacation sleep.