Probably my most significant work of the past decade as a worship leader and team trainer is The Essentials In Worship Video Series for Worship Teams.
I brought everything I’ve ever learned about worship leadership and team dynamics over 20 years, together with insights from friends like Matt Redman, Kathryn Scott, and many others, and put them into this turn-key, 6 topic video course for all worship leaders and teams in local churches.
It is designed to be highly accessible to every team and leader, and is perfect for training any local church’s worship leaders and teams in a quick, easy, practical – yet deep way.
What Is The Essentials In Worship Video Training Series?
This Series is a team training video program designed to equip all your worship leaders (main session, small group, youth), worship musicians, and ministry members in core ideas and skills related to worship. You can do each session in a group, or everyone can do it on their own.
Drawing from over 20+ years of worship leading experience, and bringing together wisdom from some of today’s most respected worship leaders (see below), Essentials is designed to be the complete training solution for any worship team.
Train your leaders and team(s) in:
- Worship Leading (character, skills, sets, and bands)
- Worship Ministry (leadership, 9 roles, 4 relationships, tools)
- Worship Songwriting (from your idea to your song)
- Worship Values (5 values that guide what we do)
- Worship Theology (big ideas about worship)
- Worship History (the ways we worship over time)
- 24 Sessions of Training Content
- 30+ Video “Discussion Starters” with Dan
- 200+ Page PDF Study Guide
- Leader’s Guide Sheet (for groups)
- Added Articles for Team Building
- Accessible format for your leaders and teams
- A complete foundational training series for your team
- Variety of modules for different team members needs
- 6 topics broken into 4 week sessions (do one every few months)
- Short bursts of learning for musician attention spans
- Rich, passionate values strengthening your ministry
- Tips and tools from 25 years of worship ministry leading
- Road-tested by 1000+ worship leaders and teams
How It Works:
- GATHER your group for an hour (or do it individually)
- READ an ebook section (together or privately)
- WATCH a brief video from Dan to start discussion
- DISCUSS the content
What Leaders Are Saying:
“I love Dan’s passion for worship and enthusiasm to train and equip others. He is a gifted communicator and has inspired many worship leaders over the years. Here is a man who is living to make God’s praise glorious.” Tim Hughes (Worship Central, Here I Am To Worship)
“Dan Wilt cares deeply about the worldwide church and how it worships. His ministry is both deep and wide, connecting musicians with the past, present and future. I wholeheartedly endorse his important work.” Paul Baloche (Open The Eyes Of My Heart)
“Dan Wilt has a clear vision of what the church needs to recapture and deepen in worship. He is a gifted communicator and leader. I have known Dan for over ten years and I heartily recommend Dan and his work to you!” Brian Doerksen (Come, Now Is The Time)
“I love Dan Wilt and believe his call to worship leaders to further their growth and development to be a critical one. I’m convinced that the level of Kingdom activity we see here on earth today, largely depends on the level of spiritual leadership shepherding our communities – particularly in the area of praise and worship. Dan is leading us in this formation.” Jeremy Riddle (Jesus Culture, Sweetly Broken)
“This is an imaginative and thoughtful enterprise led by Dan Wilt, one of our most committed and wide-thinking worship trainers. Definitely worth participating.” Jeremy Begbie, Ph.D. (Duke Divinity School, Thomas A. Langford Research Professor Of Theology; Cambridge University Theology And The Arts)
Sample Discussion Starter Video:
“The 9 Roles Of The Worship Pastor” from “Essentials In Worship Ministry”
Sample Study Guide: